![]() |
| Note to younger self |
On Wednesday the 31st of January 17 , I’m turning 24, I imagine 24 comes with mixed feelings for most people. It doesn’t seem old now that I’m approaching it, but I remember thinking it was...so old. when I was in my pre-teen's.
I forgive myself for thinking 24 was old. I was a dumb kid.
While the time has flown (as time tends to do), if I employ my little baby Introverted Judging process and take a moment to reflect on my past, I realize that much has happened.
I’ve fallen in love twice, both times to my best friends.
The first one should have just been friends, but eventually we figured it out and got it right.
After swearing I’d never date again here i am in a relationship with yet again a former friend
(I guess part of the statement) is true that guys cannot be friends with women.
I left the religion of my youth when I was 23, lost almost everyone that I had ever loved,grew up and accustomed to in the process, and found a tiny embryonic version of me.
I discovered personal development, ego work and psychedelics.
The embryonic little me has grown into someone I could grab a berv with and talk late into the night.
I pass my own litmus test for whether or not I like a person, which is good because I spend an egregious amount of time with myself.
I think back on the first time I went for personal development classes,
I admit I lacked confidence not that I was a pushover but get the this right,
I had applied to be a volunteer educator.
I was honestly testing my luck apart from being qualified with good merits i was terrified of being in the center of attention, so i needed to learn a bit of leadership and hone my soft skills I lacked given my introverted nature.
It was through progressive personal development for the the first time I asked the question
“What life will my 30 year old self want to remember?”I realized I had the opportunity to give a gift to my future self by doing everything possible to create that life for him.
My first gift to future me was meeting 'My girlfriend', which altered the trajectory of my life.
I wish I could take credit for it, but it was a spectacular lottery ticket win for me.
Sometimes I think it was the hard work I've continuously put into becoming an amazing human being that could attract another amazing human being😍
but realistically speaking it’s probably just compatible chemical secretions.
I thank her pheromones daily👃.
As I review my life, a combination of self-directed decision making and sheer dumb luck,
I ask myself if I could go back to that 16 year old what would I tell him?
What gift would I give to my past self?
What jewels will i share with him?
Knowing me, I would keep thinking of a lot of things as i normally overthink things...
But if I was forced to sit down on a bench in a public clinic with my younger self, here’s what I hope he would be ready to receive:
1) Don’t defer your life planning to a distant date in the future. It’s silly to sit back and think, “Ah. I’ve got time. I’m still young. When I get older, I’ll do this , do that when such and such condition is met .”
Whatever you want to do when you’re older, do it today.
Whatever you want to do when you’re older, do it today.
Start that business you’ve always wanted,
Write a book,
Get her number,
Do it now because your life will pass you by.
Today’s it’s here, tomorrow it’s gone. There no a committee sitting in a boardroom planning your life. That’s your responsibility. Stop kicking the can down the road. There’s no nobility in the "Deferred Life Project."
Today’s it’s here, tomorrow it’s gone. There no a committee sitting in a boardroom planning your life. That’s your responsibility. Stop kicking the can down the road. There’s no nobility in the "Deferred Life Project."
2) That said...it’s not just about what you do; it’s about who you’re becoming. Find a path that allows you to love yourself.
3) Outsource your taxes to others, but not your values and beliefs. Reprogram your mind and don’t take things at face value.
4) You can never want something for someone more than they want it for themselves. I learned that the hard way. So save yourself some sleepless nights: be an example, not the hero.
5) Be kind to everyone. You don’t have to care what people think, but life is smoother if you consider other people's emotions. That said, you’re not responsible for how they feel.
6) Embrace love from others as much as you give it. If someone gives you a genuine compliment, don’t brush it off or ignore it. Embrace it like you would a loved one. It’s okay to feel loved.
7) At a certain point in the process of being brainwashed by the world you will have the self-awareness and skill to take over brainwashing, aka ‘reprogramming’ yourself. Do it. Be true to your own logic, integrity and identity.
People will be upset with you for choosing to be loyal to yourself instead of to them.
They might not get over it. But still do it.
You can escape them, but you can’t escape yourself.
No matter where you go, there you are.
No matter where you go, there you are.
Anyway, I’m excited to know what my 30 year old self would tell me.
I guess I’ll have to wait to find out.
If time accelerates like it has been, it won’t be long.
And what about you,fam?
What words of wisdom would you share,
if you were sitting on a bench with your younger self?



No comments:
Post a Comment