Not to be lost, but drift, not stray.
Music was loud, the smoke was thick,
But something in my chest felt sick.
In the noise, the lights, the crowd,
My soul felt quiet, though life was loud.
there she sat, her eyes looked down,
A quiet queen without a crown.
No words were said, but I could tell,
She hides a story she can’t sell.
Her eyes, like glass, held silent pain,
A heavy heart caught in the rain.
I sat beside her, soft and near,
And whispered words she had to hear:
“You don’t belong in places so dark,
Your soul still holds a bright burning spark.”
“I do not know the path you chose,
Or how you bloomed among these thorns and woes,
But deep inside, you still can rise,
A fallen star can light the skies.”
She didn’t speak, just drank her beer,
But I saw truth behind her tear.
We shared a hug, then I walked out,
My heart now full, my mind in doubt.
I prayed for her beneath the moon,
I cried alone in my small room.
Why did I feel so much compassion that night?
Because her pain had matched my light.
Some souls we meet, not just by chance,
They cross our path to break the trance.
She may forget me, time may fade
But in my heart, her light has stayed.

No comments:
Post a Comment