Saturday, November 22, 2025

The Pilgrimage to Purpose




The Pilgrimage to Purpose: Crisis, Ceremony, and the Forge of Unbreakable Confidence
This past year was less a period of living and more a harrowing, five-month pilgrimage forged in the intense heat of crisis and desperation.

Phase 1: The Chemical Descent and the Unstoppable Crash

The journey began with a painful freefall into depression, requiring hospitalization. 

Upon returning to work, I was navigating a mind destabilized by necessity, adjusting to a complex regimen: Clonam 0.5mg, Citalopram 20mg, Propranolol 10mg, and Promethazine 10mg. The adjustment was brutal. 
Sleep was elusive, and when it finally came, it was a sudden, uncontrollable collapse.

The critical moment arrived during a night shift. Feeling overwhelmingly drowsy, confused. I passed out in a dark blind spot within the echoing metal structure of the warehouse. I woke up alone, trapped, locked inside until the morning crew arrived.

The fallout was immediate and severe. Security personnel and team leaders faced disciplinary warnings; livelihoods were on the line.

Phase 2: The Spiritual Scramble and the Choice of Integrity
Facing this public disaster and personal shame, I didn't just feel depressed; I felt utterly desperate for divine intervention. 

My spiritual search became a frantic scramble across traditions. 

I prayed and prayed until the words ran dry, burning the cleansing smoke of impepho, then switching to the scent of Indian lucky sticks and candles. 

My deepest plea for peace was made physically, on my knees, kneeling at the river, hoping the water would deliver the healing medicine couldn't.

It was in this state of exhaustion and deep spiritual questioning that the "last option" confidence ignited. 

I faced the security team and the managers and made the choice that defined the year:

I volunteered to be fired, saving them from losing their jobs because I had no dependents to support.

This sacrifice plunged me into five months of raw, jobless depression (February to the end of July). 

But it also forced the profound, defining question of my worth:

> If I kneel at the river and find peace, will my genius begin to dwindle? 

Was my appeal the truth I shared, the influence I sought dependent on being fragile and bruised, on remaining deep in some shit? 

I wondered if my audience would still care what I do if I stopped sharing my secrets and started wearing my ego.

Phase 3: The Prophetic Map and the Rhythmic Ascent

I endured the jobless winter guided by an unshakeable inner compass and a prophetic map: the knowledge that my life always shifts for the better between late July and late September. 

This belief a rhythmic certainty was the only anchor I had. It allowed me to wait patiently, knowing the intense pressure was temporary.

While everyone else thought the collapse was the end, I felt the certainty of my approaching season.

Phase 4: Arrival at the New Horizon
As the calendar reached my anticipated turning point, the momentum shifted precisely on schedule. 

The doors opened quickly: I secured a learnership in system support and landed a new job in a logistics company.

I arrive at this new horizon not just employed, but with the definitive answer forged in fire. My confidence is not in the job, but in the power of my choice. 

The "last option" confidence is the ultimate faith: the certainty that even after running out of words at the river and losing everything tangible, my integrity and the knowledge of my own personal rhythm will always carry me toward purpose. 

The genius is not in the wound, but in the capacity for unwavering authenticity on the pilgrimage toward healing.

Does adding these specific details about the medicines, the warehouse, and the spiritual objects enhance the depth and power of your reflection?

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTE TO MY YOUNGER SELF

Note to younger self On Wednesday the 31st of January 17 , I’m turning 24, I imagine 24 comes with mixed feelings for most peopl...