Friday, April 20, 2018

Do It Because You Can



Welcome to FBFDOINGTHEOINGS, In todays log i am sharing an extract from the below mentioned book  by
BY: DR M.TIBANE
[ADAPTED DO IT BECAUSE YOU CAN]
[BY: DR M TIBANE]

I found it very useful for self-help, i hope you also find it useful


CONVICTION IS LOOKING TO THE FUTURE FOR INSPIRATION


The words “I BELIEVE I WILL DO IT” (CONVICTION) mean that I believe in the future, in my destiny, in my vision.They mean that I believe that completing a journey is better than its beginning.
They mean I was born for something special that is why you have role models who are influential.


CONVICTION IS PREFERRING THE TRUTH OVER THE FACTS
The words "I believe I will do it" focus on the truth, it is interesting to note that there’s a difference between a FACT and the TRUTH.
FACT: the way things are 
TRUTH: the way things can be.

In life I strongly encourage people to choose not to be frustrated by facts but instead to be encouraged by the truth.What matters is not the way things are, but the way things can be.

Remember, BUTTERFLIES are not born butterflies….but they are born caterpillars.

When you see a caterpillar on the ground the FACT is you are looking at a caterpillar.
The TRUTH is you are looking at a potential butterfly.

Even though butterflies are born caterpillars, they are born to become butterflies.
It may be a fact that you are born poor but the truth is you are born to become prosperous.


CONVICTION GIVES US THE REASON TO TRANSFORM




Conviction implies transformation
The bible tells us that a scholar named PAUL wrote in ROMANS12:2




It is in fact dangerous to conform content and form gives you conform, content with present form to be satisfied with your status quo to be satisfied with being a caterpillar.
Below is your new tool for saving yourself the headache associated with problem solving…it is called

PRACTICAL APPLICATION

1.RECOGNIZE
It is important to recognize or acknowledge the need to change your convictions
-Write the acknowledgement down.


2. RESOLVE
Having recognized the need to change your convictions you need a resolution to actually change
-write the resolution down.


3. RETHINK
Rethinking means convincing yourself with reasons why you should change, you can tabulate lists of convictions then compare the two lists.







4. REJECT

Be brave and reject the old convictions in word and in deed
It may help you to write down words like “I REJECT THE BELIEF THAT I CANNOT….”

5. RESIST

Rejecting old beliefs does not mean that the battle has been won .the temptation to backslide is very common after rejection….soldier on
Anticipate the tendency and resist the temptation.

6. REPLACE
This is probably most important step in re-engineering your convictions the old and now forsaken beliefs need to be replaced with new ones.
If this does not take place you will experience a sense of emptiness…
A human being is a believer
We need to believe in something it will assist the process if you document your new beliefs.

7. RESOUND
This is an effective safety mechanism say the words to yourself.
Speak your new beliefs affirmatively say the words to yourself and the people you trust like family and mentors.

8. REWARD
It is important to celebrate your victories celebrate every positive change you make no matter how small it may be.

9. RELATE

It is important to choose your relationships carefully changing your belief system may require a change of company.

“If you walk with the wise you will be wise, if you walk with a company of fools you’ll be headed for destruction”

Associate yourself with those people who will assist you in upholding your new beliefs.

BELIEVEING is a spiritual phenomenon therefore, positive spiritual company is crucial, for successful re-engineering your convictions.

10 REVIEWS

A continual and responsible review of your convictions is important.

It will help you to grow and progress along your spiritual journey remember that the invisible world (accessed through beliefs) controls the visible world (accessed through knowledge and actions)

Always go an extra mile doing only what is required just isn’t enough to get by it is important to note that it won’t assist you to get ahead opportunity follows those who work the extra mile.

USE IT OR LOSE IT, THAT’S THE SPIRIT.


FIGHT FAILURE

One of the great enemies of success is the fear of failure although fear feels real at a time, there is something else that is actually real and far greater than fear, it is faith.





Our faith is demonstrated by our courage which is the subject of this log.


What if I don’t succeed?

What if I lose money?

What will people say, they’ve said a lot of negative things?





WHAT HELPS IS TO ASK YOURSELF COURAGEOUS QUESTIONS

What if I succeed?

What if you finally fulfill your purpose in life?

I FEEL IT IS BETTER TO DIE WHILE YOU ARE ON YOUR PATH TO DESTINY THAN TO LIVE AS YOU DO…WHICH IS THE SAME AS BEFORE.

IT TAKES COURAGE TO DO THAT


I BELIEVE I CAN DO IT

This will take you to a higher level conviction means believing in possibilities, but courage is the back bone required to stand up for your convictions.

Conviction is your absolute belief in the future sometimes the journey to the future seems endless you may feel you may not arrive and you get so discouraged.

What you need is: COURAGE

EXAMPLES OF COURAGE

Bold cat walking past Dogs


TAKE RESPONSIBILITY AND STOP BLAME STORMING.

BE IMPERFECT AND NEVER TRY PERFECTION.

SAY NO AND MEAN IT.

EXPERIENCE INTIMATE AND LOVING RELATIONSHIPS.

STAND UP FOR YOUR BELIEFS.


SIGNS OF DISCOURAGEMENT IN A PERSON ARE

FEELINGS OF INADEQUACY

GIVING UP AND NOT TRYING

LACK OF PATIENCE AND SELF CONFIDENCE

FEELINGS OF UNWORTHINESS

TENDENCY TO AVOID COMPETITION


LEADERSHIP

Take responsibilities for your own work and the work of your team (be Assertive).

Trust your own judgement.

Become independent of external evaluations (be unique and bold)

Openly receive honest feedback about job performance and your relationship with management.

Avoid bad revenge.

Try new things.

Be open and honest about your feelings.



HOW TO ENCOURAGE YOURSELF




BE TRUE TO YOURSELF, YOU ARE BEST WHEN YOU ARE YOURSELF. 
DON’T PROVE ANYTHING TO ANYONE EXCEPT YOURSELF. 
YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON WHO IS EXACTLY LIKE YOU,
NOW THAT YOU KNOW THAT USE THAT TO YOUR BEST ADVANTAGE. 
FOR A WHILE YOU MAY HAVE FELT LIKE A WORM (CATERPILLAR) REMEMBER THAT ALL BUTTERFLIES WERE BORN WORMS, FOCUS ON THE FUTURE. 
FAIL, DO NOT QUIT FAILURE IS AN EGG THAT YOU BREAK TO MAKE THE OMELETTE OF SUCCESS. 
DISABILITY IS NOT INABILITY, WE WERE MEANT TO OVERCOME. 
WE ARE MADE OF THE RIGHT MATERIAL WE ARE DESIGNED, ENGINEERED AND BORN FOR ACHIEVEMENT. 

IF YOU STUMBLE AND FALL THAT IS PROOF ENOUGH THAT YOU ARE A HUMAN BEING, ONLY WORMS ARE EXEMPT FROM FALLING. 
Develop this attitude; its good but i can actually do better. 
Maintain the push attitude. 
Persist Until Something Happens. 
Focus on what you can do to improve what you have. 
Encourage others; the more you encourage the weak the stronger you become.


I hope you found something interesting enough to apply in your life and improve it for the better, i am open to feedback,opinion even a follow on social platforms in case you want to get to know FiFi


#Braaaaa!


No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTE TO MY YOUNGER SELF

Note to younger self On Wednesday the 31st of January 17 , I’m turning 24, I imagine 24 comes with mixed feelings for most peopl...